One of the best musicals I’ve seen in the last five years opened tonight two years ago: The Scottsboro Boys. I saw it in previews and then again at closing. To me, it is exactly why I love theater and why I want to experience it (let alone do it). The writing, directing, choreo, acting, orchestrations, etc, ALL came together to make this a very special show.
Of all the shows in “recent” history, this is the one I wish I could have seen the most. I’ve done some writing and research on the show, its history and the history of the Scottsboro Boys and minstrelsy, and was also fortunate enough to interview John Kander about the show. I think so much of this is absolutely fantastic.
- destielandjohnlock-inthetardis likes this
- michaelemerhouse likes this
- borrowed-and-new reblogged this from ravynlarue15 and added:
- ravynlarue15 reblogged this from kdtonbroadway
- restlessruminations likes this
- andreistrizek reblogged this from kdtonbroadway and added:
- itsdlevy likes this
- kdtonbroadway posted this